Wednesday, June 15, 2011

My New Name!

Carrie Anne Schroeder Winchel.

I suppose it's not a huge deal...I've changed my name before, after all.

But I still think it's exciting, and I'm glad that this time I've got the Schroeder in there. I had that name for 21 years, and it's my parent's name...a big part of who I am. Plus, my brother probably won't have kids and all my cousins are girls, so I feel like I want to keep it going a little longer.

And IF (BIG IF) I have a kid I'll probably make their middle name Schroeder.

Carrie Winchel. I'm going to have to get used to that. It's so funny to think that I have Mike's last name. We were both with other people when we met, and were friends for years before we dated, so for a long time, I never even thought about having his name!

I see changing my name as a way to tell the world that we're on the same team. We're the Winchels Dammit! It doesn't feel like I'm losing my identity or giving up anything.

I've even made sure our "kid" shares our surname, so he's not a little bastard puppy anymore. Cash Waylon Winchel. I only call him that when he's in trouble.

When someone refers to us as "The WInchels," though, I kind of feel like we should be starring in a 50's inspired sitcom.

That would be a really weird show.

No comments:

Post a Comment