Friday, June 10, 2011

My Name is Carrie and I Watch "Real Housewives" Shows


Oh, Bravo...you're so sneaky.

As I'm flipping through the channels when Full House reruns are on commercials, you suck me in with the nice shots of New York City, or a fancy dress, or a cute little accessory dog chilling by a pool.

I like to think of myself as a progressive, intelligent woman, so why do I like to watch this drama fest?

Here's what Mike sees when I watch these shows, "Is all these b#tches do throw parties and fight?"

Yeees....(embarrassed face)

Whatever.

I think there must be some part of us that enjoys drama. Some people thrive on having it in their own lives...while others like to watch it on TV. I certainly don't fight like that with my girlfriends...maybe it's because we're too busy working and/or mothering our own children to throw mixed drinks at each other.

But I'm not going to try to justify this guilty pleasure.

I'll just dish...full on disclosure.

My favorite H-wives are Orange County and New York.

I also enjoyed the first season of Beverly Hills. New Jersey is what sucked me into the franchise, but now that Danielle is gone, it's not as much fun, and I'm not particularly enjoying the Teresa-fest.

I think my favorite part of the Housewives shows are not the insane fights, but the little peeks into their lives and their quirks. I'm pretty sure Bravo can edit the high school drama however they want...

But hearing Alexis get Biblical when I don't think she knows what she's talking about...watching Teresa say she's "not a stage mom" as she puts makeup on her 8 year old before a dance recital...OH! And Dina bathing her hairless cat, Grandma Wrinkles, in the sink...those things you can't edit! These gals are hilarious.

So I'm telling myself it's okay to watch as long as I don't start acting like a Real Housewife...which makes me wonder what a Springfield, MO version of the show would look like?

2 comments:

  1. OH CARRIE!!!!!!
    I watch them too! I am the same, as far as drama is concerned in my own life, but somehow.... I like those botox injecting ladies.
    Orange County and New York are my favorites too. Though.... I was sucked in by NJ, but loosing interest myself.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I watch them all, every single one of them

    ReplyDelete