Saturday, July 16, 2011

Saturday Update

I am so bad at taking pictures! I need to take some pictures during my new Saturday Summer Tradition...

Long, ridiculous, hilly bike rides with my dad.

I think when I left for college my dad wanted to buy a motorcycle and mom wouldn't let him, so dad decided to take up biking.

He really knows a lot about it, and I'm learning too. I didn't realize there was so much to riding a bike: when to shift gears...how to climb hills...when to not whine.

We've been going about 30 miles every Saturday for the last 3 weeks. The first week I thought that I was going to die, then I got better at it, and today I'm not even tired! It's very cool to watch myself improve at something.

We start at the Finley River Park in Ozark, and ride almost to Rogersville and near Sparta on back county roads.

Dad would like me to do the MS150. I'm not sure I could make it this year, but I'd definitely like to try next year.

Not only am I glad I get to spend time with my dad, but the exercise is great for both of us, and I think it makes him happy that I want to share one of his favorite hobbies with him.

In other news...we've just been going B's to the W at work. as stressful as my job can be sometimes, I love it and can't imagine doing anything else.

Mike and I are also brainstorming what to do for our upcoming "stay-cation" the first week of August.

On the table: Ozark Empire Fair, taking Cash to the river, hitting up Moonshine Beach, and maybe a trip to Eureka Springs!

But currently, we are watching Diners, Drive-ins and Dives and talking about chicken fried steak.

This is where the cowgirl rides away,
Carrie

No comments:

Post a Comment