Tuesday, July 19, 2011

My Country Song

There’s an wild, wild party down that old dirt road
In my hometown, I could get there with my eyes closed
Got an old coon dog in the back of my Ford
Or it can be a Chevy if they’ll pay me more

Chorus:
Cuz we like out country itemized
Like a pair of jeans that fit just right
And a farmer’s daughter on a Friday night
That’s how a country boy can survive

We got Hank and Waylon Johnny and June
And I brought some Nickleback, I like them too
Hey them boys are outlaws, they gotta be
I saw them once on CMT

Chorus:
We like our cliches one by one
Like workin' hard till the day is done
And wakin' up with the risin' sun
Just to grab some cornbread on the run

Why don’t ya pass me an ice cold beer
You know we only drink domestic round here
And we’ll get down in that Georgia clay
Don’t worry bout what your daddy’d say

Chorus:
Girl you got it goin' on
Gettin down with you just cain’t be wrong
Does it sound like I’m playin’ a hip hop song?

Can ya hear the crickets singing along?

Tractor, tractor, did I say tractor...
The record company likes it when I say tractor...

No comments:

Post a Comment