Thursday, March 17, 2011

WEDDING UPDATE: What No Bride-to-be Wants to Hear

"It doesn't fit."

Whhhhaaaaat?

Yep, that's what the adorable little alterations gal at Davids Bridal told me Saturday at my fitting.

Here is my dress. Keep in mind I'm not a waify wedding dress model who's being paid to look angelic and virginal and full of wonder.

Anyway...I bought the dress a year ago, so I guess I shouldn't be surprised. But, yeah, the zipper only went about halfway up my back, and I spent all my boob job money on the honeymoon, so that's not the problem.

My mom said it's probably because I have been working out and spending lots of time with p90X Tony, so I am just more muscly.

Muscly and brawny. Like Xena: Warrior Princess.

BUT my story does have a happy ending. The lady in charge of my alterations suggested we make my dress have a corset back!

So that makes my dress a) one of a kind and b) sexier.

And you lucky people will get to look at something like this:





I kid...

I'm hoping for something more like that.

Here's to drinking a Guinness at 10 am on St. Patrick's Day!

1 comment:

  1. Somehow I missed this post when I last looked at your blog...anyway, the exact same thing happened to me! In between the time I bought my dress and my final fitting, I hurt my foot and couldn't run, but I guess I kept eating like a runner because my dress was way too tight. I totally freaked, but thankfully they had time to order one in my size--whew! I'm so glad everything worked out for you--your dress is going to be SUPER hot now!

    ReplyDelete