Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Sweet 27

Exactly 1 year ago today, my handsome Mike asked me to marry him. Just a year before that, I had proclaimed I didn't want to get married again until at least 30...

27 is close enough, right? Wait a minute...

I don't like getting older.

I know I'm not old at all, but I feel like it today. My hope is that I can keep working out, eating healthy, and having fun so I can stay as "young" as possible for as long as possible.

I am enjoying my birthday, though! I had to fast for 12 hours for an insurance screening at work, which I handled better than I thought. (No food generally equals grumpy Carrie.) But my pretty Natalie brought me delicious cake pop company cupcakes to make me smile.

Then I embarrassed myself by burying my head in Mike's shoulder while the wellness people took my blood. For the record, getting blood dug out of your finger is way worse than getting a tattoo!

And then I got to go to Olive Garden. I love Olive Garden! And Mike talked me into getting this for dessert...



If you do a Google search for "Olive Garden Chocolate Strata Cake," the first thing that pops up is nutrition info. I didn't want to know how many calories were in that thing!

The sweetest part of my birthday? A 4 day weekend. I need it! These last 2 weeks have been pretty stressful.

I plan on watching evening TV I usually miss when I'm sleeping and getting some wedding stuff done. And yoga...lots of yoga.

Love and hugs!
Carrie

No comments:

Post a Comment