Monday, April 5, 2010

Websites I Am Loving

Happy Monday! I hope everyone had a great easter weekend! I definitely did...BBQ on Friday night that turned into a surprise double date when we ran into a coworker and his super sweet fiance. Then on Saturday Mike and I took a nice walk downtown and had lunch at Maria's. Sunday was busy: Church with my parents followed by lunch times 2; my family first, and then with his.



Even though I am impatient and want to get married NOW...and wear my dress now, I am glad to not be rushed and am enjoying just looking around and getting ideas. Here are some sites/blogs that I am enjoying looking at and aren't stressing me out:



One website that I am checking every day and loving is http://www.offbeatbride.com/. This site features all kinds of different weddings on all kinds of budgets. The weddings featured are all very different and inspiring. There are also articles about different aspects of wedding planning. Totally my favorite!



This morning I just found http://www.apracticalwedding.com/. I haven't had too much time to look through the posts, but some of the things I read are great. The author of this blog acknowledges that a wedding is just a party to celebrate the beginning of a marriage! I'm looking forward to exploring the advice and articles on this blog.



On the more traditional side, I also like Glamour's wedding site, www.glamour.com/weddings.



http://www.hifiweddings.com/ is pretty cool too; this blog features brides' wedding playlists and music themed weddings. It makes me happy there are other people who are very intentional/borderline obsessive about the music played at their weddings. This blogger also features music themed enagement shoots...which is super as I'm looking forward to my own!



One site I'm not using as a resource/inspiration is the knot. It hasn't changed in five years, and basically stresses me out. We don't have to take out a $10,000 loan to throw an awesome party.



I'll be posting some of my own ideas soon! This week I think we are going to be looking at venues.

Carrie

2 comments:

  1. I LOVE the updates!
    I vote no band for your engagement ring... it's too pretty to put anything with. Maybe you can ask for earrings or something =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Earrings are an excellent idea! But what I really want is a Kitchenaid stand mixer. I can bedazzle it or something so it's sparkly.

    ReplyDelete