Thursday, April 8, 2010

Requirements For A Most Splendid Rockin Time

I have SO many ideas in my head for posts! Colors, dress, place, cake, bridesmaids, music, invitations, what Mr. Handsome Groom will wear...but I am trying to keep this somewhat organized. One idea per post!

So here I have a list of musts that will have us saying "I do." Wedding humor!!! Ugh. I promise not to do that anymore.



The main thing I want is for people to stick around and not leave immediately after the ceremony
I want the ceremony and reception in the same place
Short/uncomplicated ceremony
I want a venue that is pretty/great looking on it's own. There are things I'd rather spend $$$ on than decorations. Like:
Great, photojournalist-style photography
Perfect shade of red lipstick
A delicious meal
Drinks
Dancing!
Some things to keep people entertained (makeshift photobooth/photo corner, karaoke, rock band, cool alternative to a guestbook, candy bar...this is a whole post in itself)
Our very favorite music all night long
For all our guests to have a great, relaxing, amazing time
For US to do the same
I'm sure there's more, but that's all for now.

And the one thing Mike has asked for: an super badass electric guitar cake! I love it! So we're going to do the reverse thing and have his choice of cake be the main deal, and I will have a little Bride's cake. That cake will be a chocolate-fest for sure.

Not gonna happen:
The YMCA, Chicken Dance, Cha-cha Slide, Butterfly Kisses and the like.
Unity candle
Flower girl or Ring bearer
Anyone (my dad) wearing a tie if they don't want to

I'm not counting much out at this point, really.
Love and hugs,
Carrie

No comments:

Post a Comment