Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Reunion?




I have a horrible sleep schedule... and waking up at 2:00 a.m. on Sunday mornings...I find myself watching horrible movies on TBS, like Romy and Michelle's High School Reuinion. Ugh. 

Hey, it's either that or infomercials. Believe me, I get enough Tony Horton already.

Anyway, the timing was right...since I was just included in a facebook group about my own high school reunion. Go Tigers?

Upon noticing the group, I tried to push away the "I'm OLD" feelings and think about how exciting it would be to see everyone. Reconnect with people...forge new friendships with classmates I have something in common with now...relive old times with the old crew...get all dressed up and laugh at how shocked people are when they see how many tattoos ole goody-goody Carrie Schroeder has...

Then stupid Lisa Kudrow and Mira Sorvino had to go and remind me that I wasn't popular...and though I've turned out pretty decent, and have a super job that I think is super cool...I still feel like I'm in high school most of the time.

Am I ever going to feel like an adult? I can just imagine walking into my reunion and turning into an insecure nutjob. (one of the less charming of my many personalities)

Has anyone been to a reunion? How do these things work? 

I love meeting and talking to new people...or, new-ish since I haven't seen most of them in 10 years. Is it all one big happy family like I want it to be, or do the cliques come back?  

Because I was in the "I'm in this clique 'cuz I don't fit into any of the other cliques" clique.

All this thinking is really making me want to reconnect with my old, close buddies from high school. I lost touch with some of them naturally...one close girl friend and I haven't talked in forever and I think things ended cruddy but I'm not sure...oh, and I married and divorced one, so...yeah...

I think I've almost talked myself out of going. One reason? At the risk of sounding like the Wicked Witch of the West, someone suggested doing something they can bring kids to.

No thanks! 

 

 

2 comments:

  1. You know, I've been debating whether or not I want to go for the same reasons you just listed, including the glorified playdate idea. I guess I'll wait and see what the final idea is and who's going before I really decide.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The funny thing is... I would much rather go without my children. That's what bringing pictures are for! Although I'm afraid that any "adult" party is synonymous with bars and drunkeness:(

    ReplyDelete