Wednesday, September 28, 2011

I Want...

Well, don't we all want a lot of things.
 
But this one is clothes-related. I've recently...uh...all my skinny hipster jeans I bought when I worked at forever 21 have...shrunk in the dryer.
 
Yeah, that's it.
 
So, I just bought these high-rise flare jeans at Old Navy. Love them! It's amazing how much skinnier higher waisted jeans look as opposed to those low-rise pants that hit in that magical muffin top zone.
 
 
So, I'm going to buy more! More I say! The flair reminds me of the jeans that were popular when I was in high school.
 
Which makes me think of my favorite, favorite thing to wear between 6th grade and my freshman year of college:
 
Boots like these...

I LIVED in these for years. I think they were cool at one point.
Wide enough to accommodate my mutant feet. I remember them being very comfortable.
Bad ass.
 
I remember having a pair...wearing them until they literally fell apart...and doing the same with my second.
 
Though I love tucking my skinny jeans into knee high, slip on boots, I crave walking out the door with a feeling of accomplishment, knowing that I spent 10 minutes lacing up those mothers.
 
My go-to kicks were basically Walmart knockoffs of Doc Martens, but now I'm on the lookout for what is apparently now described as "lace up stacked heel grunge boots." Or something.
 
While we're bringing back things from the '90's/very early oughts, here are some other trivial, unimportant things I miss...
 
TRL hosted by Carson Daly
The fully-intact Backstreet Boys
Dawson's Creek
Nickelodeon shows like All That, Roundhouse, and Clarissa Explains it All
"Gangsta's Paradise"
Nirvana
President Bill Clinton
AOL CD's
Saturday Night Live with Molly Shannon, Will Ferrell,  Cheri Oteri, etc. I loved that cast!
 Cheaper Gas
Heath Ledger
 









No comments:

Post a Comment